Welcome to the Boutwell Hill Ski Club website. BHSC is a group of volunteer skiers and donors developing a groomed X-C trail system in snow belt on the Chautauqua Ridge. The 5 miles of non-motorized trails we groom, as well as adjoining town and state forest roads, make up a 10-mile trail system that is free and open to the public. Then there’s lots of ungroomed back-country trails. Join us!

Ski Swap Scheduled Saturday, November 18!

Les Johnson at Hollyloft has agreed to host the event and help us promote it. The swap will be a great way for young families and aspiring skiers to discover the great heart-healthy, family-friendly sport of cross-country skiing. Those of you with extra gear can liquidate it, share the love of x-c and support BHSC. Sellers will receive 80% of the sale price with the other 20% going to support BHSC. Sellers can also donate the entire proceeds to BHSC!

We may be serving some adult beverages, maybe offer a wax clinic, and lots of knowledgeable skiers will be on hand to answer questions and get skiers sized with the right gear. We’ll also have lots of information about our trail system, maps, etc.

We will be finalizing details about drop-off times, etc. and will post the information here. Subscribe to our newsletter to be sure to receive up-to-date information about the swap, trail grooming and social events.
 

Thanks to the 2017-18 financial supporters to date:

Andy & Matt Dorn
Jim Whalen
Jim Wilmoth
Stephen Cobb
Brad Schottin

In-kind contributions to date:
Dave Higgs – slab wood
Kevin Kind – ATV
 
Thanks also to board members, trail workers and neighbors!

Gorgeous Corduroy!

Bottom of Sunrise Loop

We’ve laid a lot of corduroy around the trail system. Pictured are Maggie the trail hound, Tina Nelson, Bill Scherman and Kevin Kind. Wet spots are an endangered species! Thanks to all who have helped on recent workdays.
 

Advertisements